O.K., so I thought it would be fun to make a list of the the things I WON'T miss after we go home.
1. SPYDERS, lots and lots, and great big, I will NOT miss any of them.
2. BUGS, THE KIND THAT LIKE TO BITE ME, need I say more?
3. COLD SHOWERS, OR WAIT, NO SHOWERS
4. NO FOOD
5. ANTS, lots and lots, no matter what we tried they always came back.
6. Termite swarms in our apartment
7. NO POWER, which means no fans, so hot just gets hotter.( but I might have to take this one off when we get home and we are freezing, then I might wish for warm again) but I will still not miss NO POWER.
8. THE STORMS, especially the one that turned into the Typhoon in the Philippines. It started here. It gets a little scary sometimes.
9. RATS----------NEED I SAY MORE?
10. NOT HAVING A TEMPLE TO GO TO.
11. THE MUD
12. ALWAYS BEING WET, EITHER FROM SWEAT OR RAIN.
Any of you missionaries out there from Pohnpei, feel free to add to the list!
NOW THE THINGS I WILL MISS SO MUCH, IT MAKES MY HEART HURT
1. THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE, I WILL LEAVE A BIG PIECE OF MY HEART HERE.
2. THE RAIN, like nothing you have ever seen, except if you have been on Pohnpei. I LOVE THE RAIN, I will miss it
3 THE PEOPLE
4. THE BEAUTY, no one could ever live here and not know there is a God, He created the most beautiful place when He created Pohnpei.
5. Did I mention, THE PEOPLE
6. THE SPIRIT THAT IS BEING POURED OUT UPON OUR ISLAND
7.JUST IN CASE YOU DID NOT CATCH IT THE FIRST 3 TIME, THE PEOPLE
8. WALKS IN THE JUNGLE, IN THE DARK, AND HAVING TO DEPEND ON THE LORD TO HELP ME NOT PANIC.
10. THE WORK, AND WORK, AND MORE WORK. There will NEVER be enough missionaries here or anywhere else in the world.
11. THE AMAZING WONDERFUL MISSIONARIES WE HAVE SERVED WITH , AND DO NOW SERVE WITH. YOU ALL HAVE AMAZING MEN AND WOMEN OUT HERE. GIVING EVERYTHING THEY HAVE TO THE LORD. THEY HAVE TAUGHT US A LOT.
12. OOP(YOUNG COCONUT), BREADFRUIT, STARFRUIT, MANGOES, BANANA'S, FRESH FISH, CRAB, & LOBSTER.
13. THE lightening & THUNDER, when it happens, it is really scary, but AMAZING
14. PRES. & SIS. MECHAM, their spirit, their sense of humor, their understanding, their great leadership, their teachings, their loving us and their making sure we always knew they did.
15. THE SINGING, EVERYONE SINGS, LOUD AND CLEAR, IT IS BEAUTIFUL
16. SUNDAYS,no matter which branch we attended, as we drove near and far the roads and trails were always full of people going to Church. It does not matter what religion you are, EVERYONE goes to church and they all wear the best they have. Even if they don't have much ( which the majority don't) the women always have at 1 beautiful dress for Sunday (and that is the only day they wear it) and the men have at least 1 nice shirt( it may not be white, and most don't have any pants, except a nice pair of jeans) to wear on the Lords day.
17. BAPTISMS, in the rain, the river, the ocean, the fonts, white Christmas's, I will miss that beautiful spirit and light in the eyes of the new members and the missionaries. I guess I will have to figure out how to be a missionary at home, so I can keep seeing this wonderful, spiritual blessing in my life.
18. CHRISTMAS EVE IN POHNROCKIET, The wonderful Kirenese People live in Pohnrockiet, it is , basically, a refuge camp. they all came from the outer Island of KapinaMurange, mostly because they wanted to have freedom of religion, and some came hoping for work and a better life. The have no land, therefore, can not grow any of there own food. They live in tin houses, that sit practically on top of each other. They are some of the poorest people on the Island, but every Christmas, they put on a program for ALL the missionaries, They sing to us, and they work all year on special handicrafts( which is what they make and sell normally, that is the only way they can make a living), anyway, they make special handicrafts as gifts for the missionaries. Every missionary on the Island will receive a beautiful Hand woven or hand carved item, that was made for them. The Kirenese People love the missionaries and are so grateful for them. They, who have nothing, give everything to the missionaries and the church and on this special night, they give to the missionaries.
This year we talked the missionaries into giving something back, to say Thank You. All the missionaries are going to do a live Nativity and read the Christmas Story to them as our way to say Thank You. I wish we could be there to see it., but the missionaries,said they would send us pictures and tell of their experience, so I could still post it on the blog. Make sure you tell your missionaries to send the pictures and stories to Sis. LeFevre, so you can all see this sweet experience. It is a sweet, spiritual Christmas eve that I have had the blessing of being to for the last 2 years. I will miss Pohnrockiet on Christmas Eve.
These are just a very few a the things we will miss when we go home. Serving a Mission, especially as a Sr. Couple, is one of the most amazing experiences Elder LeFevre and I have had. We learned a lot about each other, ourselves, missionary work and Loving and Serving the Lord.We will miss many things, so we hope to go again one day...............................
.BUT, THE THING WE WILL MISS THE MOST, THE PEOPLE, WE LOVE THEM, THEY HAVE CHANGED US. WE HOPE WE NEVER FORGET THE THINGS WE HAVE LEARNED HERE ON OUR BEAUTIFUL ISLAND OF POHNPEI