Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Never take anything for granted.......Ask and it shall be given

       Our little Island's electricity is run by 4 generators, or so we have been told. Well right now, we have been told there are only 2 running, and they keep having problems, so we have been having daily 6 - 10 hour power outages. This has presented some challenges, such as doing laundry, cooking, study time, just about everything, because we never know when it will go out.
     In the past, we at least had a schedule, so we could plan, but this time there is no schedule, so we have adapted. Now instead of depending on PUC, we ask the Lord. When I have to get laundry done, I simply ask the Lord to please help the power stay on long enough to get it done, when I need to bake for an activity, I ask the Lord to help the power stay on long enough for the things that need to be made are cooked. Here is where the testimony of "Ask and it shall be given" comes in.
    To many of you, you may think well those are silly things to pray for, but I can testify to you, that when I ask the Lord for help, and I am specific in what I ask for, HE always helps. The power stays on until I get that last load of laundry out of the washer. Then it goes off. The power stays on until the last batch of treats comes out of the oven, and then it goes off. The power stays on until I get the talks and lessons prepared, and then it goes off. I even ask for help so I could write all the amazing things that have been going on here and catch up the blog, and guess what, the power has been on long enough for the last 3 days for me to get the blog caught up. Someone out there must need to know all the amazing things that have been going on out here.
     I don't mind the cold showers( well maybe a little), the nightly peanut butter sandwiches by lantern light (thank you to the mission office for sending lanterns a year ago). I don't mind any of the other challenges lack of power brings, because I know when I really need to have power, the Lord knows also, and when I ask Him to help, He always does.
    He does answers prayers, even for what some may think are silly things to ask for.
    I told Sis. Chandler about my secret weapon, The Lord, and she decided to try it herself, She told me, It really does work.
   I am grateful for a Loving Heavenly Father who knows exactly what I really need and when I really need it. I am grateful that He answers my prayers, even the trivial ones.
   I know He lives, I know His Son died for me, I know He answers prayers, I know His gospel is true. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and it is true. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the ONLY true church upon the earth, because it is HIS Church.
   Of these things I testify.

No comments:

Post a Comment