Thursday, May 24, 2012

What does God think of you?

Tonight, I had the opportunity of going with Elder Haas and Elder Pierson and Elder LeFevre (of course) and Bro. Jim, we went to teach a family in Palikir, They have been taught all the lessons and I think they know the church is true, but they hesitate at being baptized because they are both Catholic and they are afraid of what their families will think and they are worried about what their friends will think if they join the church. they also have concerns with the lifestyle change that comes with joining the church.  We visited and I felt impressed to tell a story from my youth.  Dad, I don't know if you will remember this, but I have never forgotten an important life lesson.  I was about 18 and some things happened with some friends I had, they wanted me to do some things, that I knew was not right, I knew if I went along, that I would not be doing what the Lord wanted me to do, but if I didn't I would be made fun of, and my friends would probably not like me very well.  Well, I did the right thing and sure enough I was made fun of, and my friends all the sudden didn't want to be my friends any more. I remember I was sitting in my room one night and Dad came in. He knew what had happened and he gave me some advice I have never forgotten. He said " Melanie, you did the right thing, I know right now it does not feel so right, but it is and one day you will stand before God and answer for all the choices you make on this earth, He will be pleased with the choice you just made." then he went on to say " When all is said and done there is really only one opinion that matters, that is Gods, what your so called friends think of you doesn't matter. What anyone on this earth thinks of you does not matter, what matters is What does God think of you?, for the rest of your life you are going to have to make hard decisions, many that will not be popular with the world, when you have to make a choice just ask yourself this question "What will God think of me?" and  make your choice by the answer you get to that question. because really, what He thinks is all that matters." I bore my testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel to this family and I said, I guess now you have a question to ask yourself, "What will God think of the choice you make",
     Whatever you do with the choices in this life, whether it is keeping the Sabbath day Holy, Dressing modestly, being in good environments,etc, I have found that if I will ask my self that question "What will God think of me" My choice is easy, because one day I will go Home, and I hope when that time comes He will say "Well done, thou good and faithful servant"

No comments:

Post a Comment