Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Zone Conference

     Another Zone conference. Pres. & Sis. Mecham arrived, but our Zone leaders did not.
Funny story, Our Zone leaders, Elder Madill & Elder Bourne, were in Guam for Zone leaders council, they were suppose to come home on the same airplane as Pres. & Sis. Mecham were coming on for ours and Kosrae's Zone conference.
    For some unknown reason, the Pres. & Sis. Mecham made the plane, but the Kosrae and Pohnpei and Chuuk Zone leaders did not., so we had Zone conference without them.
    Pres. & Sis Mecham were inspiring, we learned a lot, but the things that really affected me the most, was a reference Pres. Mecham made about "Obedience brings blessings, but EXACT Obedience brings miracle."
   In the Book of Mormon, we all know the story about the Stripling warriors, and how they were miraculously saved in every battle, others were killed , but those young men were always protected. He likened it to the scripture that says, "They were exactly obedient in all things. He told us if we would all be exactly obedient in ALL things, we would not just get blessed, but we would see miracles. I know that is true, because we have had it happen to us.
    He also told an amazing story about how important Member Missionaries are. When I was home, I was not very good at being a member missionary, I was always afraid to share the gospel with my neighbors and friends and family who were either less active or non members, because I was afraid of offending them. I have learned so much here about how important members are to this great work. Members are crucial, without members, people don't stay in the church. Without members each helping each other, active or less active, member or non member, none of us can stay strong. We have wards, branches, districts & stakes for a reason, It is to help each other stay strong.
Pres. & Sis. Mecham

Sis. Varea bearing her testimony for her last Zone conference

Big Sis watches

Yum, dinner time

Elder LeFevre & Elder Ashcraft


Elder James

Part of our Zone, aren't they great !!!!!!!
     We live in a very wicked world, and we see everyday the results of that wickedness. So many are searching for help to come back, help to find the ONE true church of God, and they need us to help them. WE ALL HAVE TO DO OUR PART, IT IS NOT JUST THE FULL TIME MISSIONARIES JOB. WE WILL ALL ANSWER FOR WHAT KIND OF MISSIONARIES WE WERE, WITH OR WITHOUT A NAME TAG.
   I know when I get home, I will be much more bold in sharing the gospel and helping others to discover it or come back to it. I hope I NEVER go back to being afraid of offending someone on earth and I keep my focus on not offending God.

No comments:

Post a Comment