Saturday, February 25, 2012

We need help

     I have had a lot of impressions in the last couple of days, and I want to share some of them with all of you.
As I look at all the work that needs to be done here on Pohnpei and there are just not enough hours in the day to get to everything, I realize how much help we need. And if we need this much help here on Pohnpei, how much help is needed through out the world in this effort to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all the world.  We don't have enough missionary's young or old. We need more. I am sure that every mission in the church needs more missionaries.
     We taught a class on missionary work and the temple to 3 different groups of youth today. and we talked about the importance of not only every member being missionaries, but the importance of preparing to serve missions. We talked about the reason we do missionary work goes along with why we do Temple work. So that all of Gods children can return home to Him someday.
     I have always told my children and husband that when I die, I want a saying put on my headstone. That saying is "No Empty Chairs". My children know that this means, I want them to do everything they need to so that when we sit down to dinner in heaven there will be NO EMPTY CHAIRS. We will each have done enough to be worthy to live together as families, all of us, no one missing. Well I think that is how our Heavenly Father and Mother must feel also. They also want all there children to come home one day and have no empty chairs. this will not be possible if we don't all do our part.
     So many times we think of all the reasons we can't go on a mission, i can't afford it, I can't leave my grandchildren, who will take care of my house, I want to vacation, I am afraid,etc. Believe me I came up with every reason to not go on a mission. and I had every doubt that was possible come to mind. I will be honest with you. This is probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, But it is also the best thing I have done FOR my life. So I would ask each of you to ask yourselves  and your friends and family this question, instead of listing all the reasons you can't serve a mission, What are the reasons I CAN go on a mission.?
  let me help you, you can go on a mission because your children and grandchildren will  be blessed immensely for you service, you can go because we all have things that we need forgiven for and we are promised in the scriptures that when we open our mouths in proclaiming the gospel, our sins will be forgiven. You can go because you love the Lord and you also don't want there to be any 'EMPTY CHAIRS" at the Lords table, but most importantly, you can go because HE LOVES YOU, and shows you that love each and every day in all the blessings you receive.
    Please look deeply into your lives, if there are things you need to fix, repent of, or do to go. JUST DO THEM. WE NEED EVERYONE POSSIBLE IN THIS AMAZING WORK.
    Selfishly, I will be praying that you will be sent to the Micronesia Guam Mission, because i see first hand how much we could use more help. But I know every mission in the church needs more missionaries.
    I know this gospel is true, I know we have a Father in Heaven that loves us and wants ALL of us back, I know we have a Savior that suffered and died for you and I, so we could repent and come back one day. I know this work is of the Lord and I hope that even just one or two of you out there will reevaluate your own lives and come on a mission. Just come, it doesn't matter where ( although I will be hoping for our mission) We need you, The LORD NEEDS YOU. I promise it will be the best thing you can do FOR your life.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! Sign me up....oh wait, if I wait 8 more years I think Dean could go with me.

    ReplyDelete